Monday, June 18, 2012

Julep Maven | June Mystery Box

 It's here! It's here! My Julep Maven June Mystery box has finally made it to my house! I anxiously await every mystery box that I receive from Julep and this one was no different. If you don't know what Julep Maven is you can go to their site here and use the code:COLOR2012 to get your first box for merely a PENNY! It's an awesome monthly subscription box that allows you to preview what you receive and skip month's if you aren't into the polishes. Once in a while Julep has Mystery Boxes, like this one, where you pay $19.99 and receive a box worth anywhere from $60-$200. The box I received last month, which you can see here was worth $116, unfortunately this mystery box was only worth $62, regardless it did have some lovely items.


1. Julep Fast Dry Top Coat - $14
I own about 4 of these and I love them, well I love any fast dry top coat, but this one is awesome. I love when I receive this in my mystery box because it is something that I wouldn't want to spend money on on its own.

2. Sienna Nail Varnish - $14
"Sophisticated, shimmery gold."
I had seen this polishes when looking at other bloggers mystery boxes and I wanted it so badly so I am ecstatic to see it in this box! This color is AMAZING, like a cross between a silver and gold. My next manicure will definitely be using this nail polish. 

3. Drew Nail Varnish - $14
"Fabulous Fuchsia creme."
  This is definitely a pedicure color! At first I wasn't a fan of this nail polish and then I looked at it on its own, because the green and red together with the silver/gold screamed Christmas to me, and I fell in love with Drew.

4. Emilie Nail Varnish - $14
"Bold and alluring, a statement-making forest green creme."
 I'm really not a fan of this color. I probably will never wear this on its own but who knows it could come in handy if I need to do a nail design that involves forest green. However, if anyone is interested in trading nail polishes or just flat out wants this color I will gladly trade/send it so let me know!!!

5. Julep Daylight Defense SPF 15 Lip Balm - $6
I just received this in my regular June Julep box and am already love it so I will gladly accept a second tube of it! It has a lovely vanilla & mint scent and it tastes incredible! I've already added the first one to my work bag to keep my lips hydrated and protected from the sun all day.
Sienna, Drew, Emilie w/flash
Sienna, Drew, Emilie w/o flash
Total Value of Box: $62
Although it was on the low end price wise of the boxes I still really loved 4/5 products I got and will definitely get good use out of them. For only $20 I think that the Mystery Boxes are a steal and even if you don't get a box worth $100-$200 you are still getting more than what you paid for. So I'm curious how the rest of you enjoyed you Julep Mystery Boxes!? Let me know by commenting below or even including the link to your blog post!

Amy,   xo

5 comments:

  1. we got the exact same box!! I am loving sienna very much, wearing it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeeep I cannot wait for my mystery box to arrive - I keep seeing them and I would honestly be happy with any of these colours! Though Emilie is certainly my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sienna & Drew look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this trio.. will surely buy.. Thanks for suggesting..

    ReplyDelete