Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Dermablend | Smooth Indulgence Redness Concealer

Just over a year ago a company by the name of Dermablend blew my mind when they completely and flawlessly covered "Skeleton Man" Rick Genests body of tattoos with makeup. If you haven't already seen the YouTube video featuring this amazing transformation than you need to check it out here.

Dermablend is a corrective cosmetic line, branching off of the L'Oreal brand, which I have been dying to try since I first laid eyes on that mesmerizing video! Finally, over a year after I first saw the transformation video I have tried out my first Dermablend product. I had a hard time deciding which item to test out first, but settled on the Smooth Indulgence Redness Concealer ($22) since I didn't have anything similar in my vanity. I cannot believe how well this product works and cannot wait to get my hands on a few other items from the line.


Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Redness Concealer ($22) is only a small facet of the Dermablend range, but is the only redness concealer made my the brand. This one is quite different from the redness concealers I have tried in the past as it is presented in a squeeze tube. Typically I have seen  redness concealers packaged in bullet form, allowing you to draw silly green lines all over your face. The entire Dermablend line can be purchased through Nail Polish Canada and the Smooth Indulgence Redness Concealer can be accessed directly here.

What it is said to do:
"Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Redness Concealer neutralizes red skin flaws such as redness, rosacea, uneven skin tone, blemishes, scars, and port wine stains. Because your red skin imperfections are defused at the outset, the reddishness will not be seen through your normal makeup. To achieve full coverage of red skin imperfections, apply Smooth Indulgence Redness Concealer beneath Smooth Indulgence Concealer or Smooth Indulgence Foundation. The oil-free, fragrance free formula supplies a natural matte finish and comprehensive all-day wear."

During the summer months I have noticed that my skin develops a bit of redness around my cheeks, especially after I do Hot Yoga most likely due to the heat, but it doesn't dissipate for quite some time after. Therefore, I wanted to try a product that would combat this issue so that I wouldn't walk around looking like a tomato and I fell immediately in love with the Smooth Indulgence Redness Concealer for that reason. A small amount of this product goes a very long way and is perfect for dealing with large areas of redness as well as smaller imperfections, such as pimples. The reason green concealer works so well at covering redness in the skin is because the two colours are opposites in the colour wheel and therefore counteract eachother.

What I Liked:
  • Had a very light consistency but still managed to provide a lot of coverage 
  • Lasted all day long, even through a hot & sweaty work day
  • Completely counteracted redness in my skin
  • Left a matte finish, which foundation & concealer easily glided over
  • Non-comedogenic, non-acnegenic, fragrance & preservative free
Burn from Cabo
Burn + Smooth Indulgence Redness Concealer
Burn + Smooth Indulgence Redness Concealer + Foundation
 This is definitely one of my new favourite products! I would recommend this item and the Dermablend brand profusely and urge you to take a look at the YouTube video to see what the brand is all about! What is your favourite concealer for the summer?
Amy,   xo

5 comments:

  1. very impressive, really cover your little scar so well. I have only tried the Vichy & Dermablend corrective foundation. Very nice product and now after reading your review on this, will go to Shoppers Drug Mart and check out other products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an awesome company, definitely one I will spending some more money on!

      Delete
  2. Ahh so this is the brand that they use to cover up that man's tattoos. I didn't know that until now. I would surely check out this product.

    ~Meggo
    http://thesedriftingthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never even heard of this, amazing video!

    ReplyDelete