Thursday, July 4, 2013

Luxe Box by Loose Button | Summer 2013 Edition

This month subscribers were offered the option to upgrade their Luxe Box to one of 4 boxes, which included a box curated by the fashion magazine Lou Lou. I jumped at the chance for this box because I have never been let down by a beauty subscription box when a fashion magazine has been involved. And this edition of Luxe Box certainly did not disappoint.
1. Kerastase | Elixir Ultime The Imperial (3ml) - Full Size (120ml) $54
"Multi-use oil that can be used pre and post styling. Delivers purest anti-oxidants to protect color-treated hair from external aggressors. Provides ultimate shine, deep conditioning and nourishment. Offers UV protection and enhances the true depth of color with a soft floral scent."
I have always heard amazing things about the Kerastase brand but never really tried any of their products. This oil smells amazing and makes my hair look polished and shiny without weighing it down. 

2.  Roberto Cavalli | Just Cavalli Eau De Toilette (5ml) - Full Size (50ml) $66
"Just now. Just free. Just lust. Just Cavalli. Just Cavalli for her is a sexy and provocative new fragrance by Roberto Cavalli. This creamy, sexy floral opens with a dazzling top note of Neroli, an essential oil produced from blossoms of the bitter orange tree. The fragrance is followed by a magnetic heart note of the precious Tahitian Tiare flower and grounded by a creamy palissander wood accord that adds power and nobility. Fresh, intense and alluring, Just Cavalli is the scent of youth and seduction." 
I absolutely love receiving these types of fragrance samples in my beauty boxes. They are the perfect size and come in the cutest bottles, which I have begun collecting. The Just Cavalli scent is somewhat masculine in the most seductive way and will be perfect for a beach part at night.

3. Philosophy | Purity Made Simple Cleanser (30ml) - Full Size (237ml) $26
"Award-winning daily facial skin cleanser is formulated to gently cleanse, tone and melt away all face and eye makeup in one simple step, while lightly hydrating the skin. Features & benefits: Deep cleans pores and eliminates makeup build-up, natural oil extracts help condition skin, fragrance-free formula."
This cleanser has become my current favourite makeup cleanser, so I will gladly accept any mini that is thrown my way. I love that is lathers up and removes every bit of my makeup, without stinging my eyes. 

4. Vichy | LiftActiv Serum 10 Eyes & Lashes (3ml) - Full Size (15ml) $45
"Vichy's Liftactiv Serum 10 Eyes and Lashes is a unique formula perfect for treating eye contours concerns and lashes concerns. With just use, the eye contours are illuminated and more radiant. With continued use, wrinkles are lessened and eyelashes appear thicker, shinier, and more fortified!"
I have itty bitty lashes so anytime I am presented a serum that promises fuller, longer lashes I jump for joy. This serum is quite thin and therefore a little goes a long way. I also love the fact that it is Paraben free, which is something I look for when dealing with my eye products.  

5. Clinique | High Impact Mascara in Black (0.14oz) -Full Size (2.8oz) $19
"Kicks up the volume and length of each and every lash for a look that's lusher, plusher, bolder. Pure, deep colour only adds to the impact. Wear it once and you'll feel naked without it. Ophthalmologist Tested."   
 At first I thought I was receiving a green mascara, but thank god it turned out to be black. The brush of this mascara is quite bulky, similar to the Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash, which is one of my Holy Grail mascaras. The reviews on this product seem promising so I am excited to test it out myself.

6. Cake Beauty | Heavy Cream Intensive Hand Repair Balm (100ml) - Full Size (100ml) $22
"This supremely hydrating formula renews and protects hands for immediate and long lasting results. Made with 20% shea butter, this warm french vanilla scent melts into skin. Cake Beauty is proudly Canadian and all of our products are made locally within Canada. All Cake products are 100% gluten free."
 I am so so so happy that I received this hand balm! Not only does it smell amazing (like cake) but it also totally nourishes your hands leaving them feeling divine. This is the perfect nightly hand cream!
 
7. Olay | Total Effects CC Cream (50ml) - Full Size (50ml) $24
"Introducing beauty's next big trend! Olay CC Cream provides instant coverage plus correction to fight 7 signs of aging, including uneven tone, age spots, and wrinkles. This all-in-one triple stream formula combines a daily anti-aging moisturizer, SPF 15 sunscreen and sheer tint for younger-looking skin."
CC Creams are something that I am not all too familiar with. This one from Olay delivers light coverage with the benefits of sunscreen, moisturizer and a tone corrector. I'm going to post a full review on it once I have had the chance to try it out a little bit more.

8. Knotties | Hair Ties  - Full Size $10
"Stay cool in the summer heat by keeping your hair away from your face without the creases."

9. Essie | Sleek Stick Nail Applique's in Sneek-E - Full Size $10
"Re-create chic looks fresh from the runway without picking up a brush. Pre-cured UV appliqu├ęs mimic the feel of a handcrafted nail art and last up to 10 days."
I love nail art, but am not the best at it so these nail stickers can be so helpful. I love this metallic snake design by Essie so much and will probably be sporting them around this weekend!

Extra: Vichy | Aqualia Thermal Night Spa (7ml) - Full Size (75ml) $38
"The first replenishing & soothing spa sleeping mask. A new ultra-sensorial texture that reproduces the soothing freshness and softness of a spa treatment. This light gel-cream envelops skin with velvety softness and is non-greasy and non-sticky."

Total Estimate Value: $90
I cannot get over the amazing products I received in this seasons Luxe Box! They have really turned things around since switching to a seasonal box and I commend them on that. This box included a variety of items, including 4 full sized items, that I will definitely use and love! This is the way to do a beauty box!
Amy,   xo

23 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear your verdict about the CC cream!
    Janna
    www.behindtheblush.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to test it out for a week! I've never tried a CC cream before!

      Delete
  2. Wow what an amazing box! The quality is the best I've ever seen :o

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the Just Cavalli perfume and I agree it's stunning :-) I bet that bottle looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So different from any perfume I have sampled in the past!

      Delete
  4. I signed up for this box and I cannot wait to receive it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why did some people and get olay cc cream while others didn't? Does anyone know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. That is so odd! I know in a previous Luxe Box they forgot one of my items and I simply e-mailed them about it and they had it sent out later that week! So maybe try sending them a quick e-mail :)

      Delete
  6. Why did some people and get olay cc cream while others didn't? Does anyone know?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE those essie nail stickers, that design is so beautiful on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this is a good beauty box, normally there is only a couple of things that you would use in a box but all the products look amazing! xxxxx
    mollyox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I am so blown away by it!

      Delete
  9. I love the nail stickers! Edgy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to try Purity Cleanser, great box of goodies! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Purity Cleanser is fabulous! A must try!

      Delete
  11. the just cavalli packaging is stunning.
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is a great box! I love that Just Cavalli scent :)

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing box! I've heard really great things about the High Impact mascara!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete