Tuesday, January 14, 2014

ipsy Glam Bag | January 2014 Edition

Good Morning Dolls!
This months ipsy Glam Bag, named 19 Reasons, is all about new year renewal and includes a plethora of goodies to help you start the year feeling fresh and revitalized. The ipsy team began with 20 different products , from which 5 items were chosen specifically for you based on your ipsy profile, meaning there should be a lot of variety in the bags. and while I got some of the more 'boring' items they definitely will help me begin the new year with healthy glowing skin, which is always a plus.

Join me on ipsy and subscribe to the Glam Bag! You get 4-5 beauty products every month delivered to your door, for just $10 + $4.95 shipping and Michelle Phan curates the bags! Check it out here.
Products:
Benefit | The POREfessional Face Primer (3ml) - Full Size (22ml) $30
"Quickly minimize the appearance of pores & fine lines for smoother-than-smooth skin! Apply this silky, lightweight balm alone, under or over makeup. Translucent, oil-free formula complements all skintones and helps makeup stay put. Contains a Vitamin E derivative, known to protect skin from free radicals. "

This has been a go to primer of mine for years since it glides on to the skin with ease and leaves your face perfectly prepped for foundation. I have never noticed a large difference in the size of my pores after using The POREfessional, however it does help to give your foundation a flawless finish. And surprisingly, even though it has that silky silicone texture it has never once broke me out, which tends to happen with the most loved Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. This handy travel size is perfect for on the go touch ups and will definitely be my companion over the next few weeks!

MALIN + GOETZ | Mojito Li Balm (10g) - Full Size (10g) $12
"The (MALIN+GOETZ) Mojito Lip Balm is as soothing to the lips as it is to the senses. Flavored with (MALIN+GOETZ) Mojito, this lip balm is scientifically blended to restore and replenish. The hydrating lip gel easily integrates for daily maintenance, prevention and treatment of dry, irritated lips. Color and Paraben free."

The thought of a Mojito instantly takes me on a journey to the Caribbean, and while I was originally skeptical about a Mojito scented lip balm it won my heart over after the first application. This is one of the more interesting lip balms that I have tried as it is a clear liquid gel, somewhat similar to the Jack Black Lip Balm, yet not as thick. It instantly coats the lips and stays put for hours moisturizing away, while the lovely mint smell refreshes the senses. I would definitely re-purchase this once it is done.

Balanced Guru | Balm Me Up Organic Sweet Cocoa & Tangy Body Balm (30ml) - Full Size  $12
"Treat your whole body with a smooth and buttery body balm. Enriched with healthy butters and an invigorating blend of essential oils that will wake up your senses and moisturize your skin without leaving it greasy or tacky. Make sure you work it well into elbows, knees and even your feet, they'll thank you later!" 

This thick body balm is perfect for anyone with extra dry skin. I personally have quite dry feet so I have been using this balm before bed to rehydrate and soften my skin. It is very effective at softening skin as it includes these essential ingredients: Cocoa Butter, Babassu Oil, Shea Butter, Sweet Orange Essential Oil, Lime Essential Oil, Mandarin Essential Oil. The scent is also very calming and reminds me of my Yoga studio, instantly putting me in a Zen mood. What could be better?
 
Absolute! | Makeup Cleansing Tissues (10 tissues) - Full Size  $2.49
"Pre-moistened, refreshingly fragranced, water-based cloths designed to instantly remove even waterproof makeup without irritation. Infused with natural extracts and botanicals, Absolute! Makeup Cleansing Tissues are formulated to reawaken and soften skin, while helping to reduce puffiness. Made of delicate spun lace, our convenient, effortless 1-step tissues are gentle enough for use on sensitive skin and around the eye area."  

I am a big fan of make-up cleansing tissues because I prefer to sport a naked face anytime I am at home. These tissues come in handy to remove my makeup after work without going through a large process, and are also great for a gym bag to help remove any dirt or sweat that have accumulated during a work out. These tissues have been infused with Cucumber Extract so they not only smell amazing but are gentle on the skin and really do remove almost all of your makeup. They are also available in pomegranate, aloe, vitamin C and green tea, which I will need to test out once this package is empty.

Yaby Cosmetics | Liquid Foundation in Buff (8ml) - Full Size  $15.19
"The yaby Liquid Foundation leaves an unbelievably natural, super smooth texture and is extremely easy to apply. Mimics the skin's natural sheen to create the most realistic flawless skin. Oil-free." 

I have only had the opportunity to try out Yaby Cosmetics through my Glam Bag subscription, but I have loved each and every item I have received and this liquid foundation is no exception. It has a super smooth texture making it easy to apply and mimics the skin's natural finish to keep your skin looking fresh and most importantly natural all day long. It is also oil-free which means I can use less powder to set it and don't have to touch up multiple times per day. This is a foundation worth investigating!

What items did your receive in your January Glam Bag? Leave me a link to your post below!
Amy,   xo

19 comments:

  1. I need to subscribe to ipsy this year! The products seem consistently good, and I like the sizes of the products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely my favourite beauty box :)

      Delete
  2. The lip balm sounds really lovely! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so surprised by how lovely it is!

      Delete
  3. Nice stuff! I have the porefessional but it's ok, I really want to try there new one that is a power version call zero shine :)

    Kayla
    sheerbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard about it, but it is a powder is it not?

      Delete
  4. That foundation looks really nice! Let us know how it works. :)
    aclassystateofgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't received my bag yet, but my Glam Room shows I am getting precisely the same products as you are. The first three items I knew I definitely wanted to try, and I wasn't sure about the wipes and the foundation. Good to know you like the foundation, I will definitely give it a try! Still not into the idea of wipes, as I don't like using products that are disposable (too much in the landfills!), but I would consider using them when I travel. That's the beauty of these monthly subscriptions though, they let you try things you wouldn't normally consider trying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you enjoyed it once it arrived, I'm sure you did!

      Delete
  6. Looks like a great bag! I can't wait to see what I got in mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH no!! you have to pay for shipping!! o.0
    nice bag though! waiting for mine☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It only ends up being around $15 so it's still a great price considering what is included each and every month.

      Delete
  8. I got 5 completely different items in my Ipsy bag this month. Pretty happy with the bag - but the bag itself smelt like plastic and chemicals :(

    From Runways to Realways Ipsy Bag Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with you, the bag smelt horrible. I threw it out!

      Delete
  9. Great post!Good products)Would you like to follow each other? Just let me know in my blog. xoxo
    http://www.elationofcreation.com/

    ReplyDelete