Monday, September 15, 2014

MAKE UP FOR EVER • AQUAMATIC in IRIDESCENT TURQUOISE


Wearing colour on my lids is something I typically shy away from; I’m much more experimental when it comes to lipstick or blush. But when the newest member to MAKE UP FOR EVER’s Aqua range, Aqua Matic, arrived on my desk I couldn’t help but step out of my comfort zone with a Turquoise Cat Eye. Iridescent Turquoise makes for a beautiful and unexpected cat eye this fall, which I paired with MAKE UP FOR EVER's Aqua Eyes Liner in Matte Black to line the waterlines, and a simple pink lip courtesy of Kim K's favourite combination MAC Lipstick in Angel & NARS Lip Gloss in Turkish Delight.

Aqua Matic ($25 CAD) is a creamy eye pencil that is 'available in 10 shades from neutral to vibrant with satin, metallic, diamond or iridescent finishes'. These new pencils promise to 'offer crease-proof, high-intensity color, with a lightweight finish', and they don't let you down. With my Urban Decay Primer Potion as a base the new Aqua Matic Eye Shadow Pencil lasted the entire evening (7+ hrs) and then was easily removed with my cleanser at night. And I loved how simple the pencil was to use; the entire look took me less than 10 minutes to create and the pencil includes a sharpener so you can always get a precise line. I can't wait to pick up the shade Satiny Warm Brown, but I'll be using it slightly messier than Iridescent Turquoise by smudging it all around the lid -- inspired by Mary Kate Olsen, of course. Chic in seconds.

What shade is on your radar?




AM¥     XO

3 comments:

  1. This looks so good on you! I love the colour and the simple thin line is perfect!

    ReplyDelete