Friday, September 19, 2014

SMUDGED & PAINTED LINER • LANVIN A/W '14

When I hear graphic liner, ‘wearable’ is not the first word that comes to mind. And yet with the trend sweeping the Fall 2014 catwalks of Zac Posen, Jean Paul Gautier, Herve Leger, and Dries Van Noten (to name a few) it was clearly time to take this style to the streets! My favourite take on graphic liner this season was seen at Lanvin; a simple smudged out black liner with an artsy influence. To recreate the look I began by priming my lids to ensure that my makeup lasted all day before adding a healthy dose of my favourite black eye pencil, Urban Decay's 24/7 Velvet Eye Pencil, to the lashline. I then went used a bit of the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink with a smudge brush to thicken up the lash line and create the 'painted' effect on my lid. Since the eyes are so bold, I decided to pair them with a neutral lip, pale pink blush and glowing skin. Best suited for a night out... when you aren't trying to meet a mate.

Products Used: MAC Strobe Cream, MAKE UP FOR EVER Face and Body Foundation in #32, Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Ivory, MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Pressed Powder (*), NARS Laguna Bronzer, MAC Blush in Well Dressed, Urban Decay Primer Potion, MAC Eyeshadow in Charcoal Brown, Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Eye Pencil in Black Velvet, Bobbi Brown Longwear Gel Liner in Black Ink, L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Excess in Blackest Black and YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain in 101 Nude Provocateur (*). 
(*) - See disclaimer

  

AM¥   XO

No comments:

Post a Comment