Sunday, October 19, 2014

THIRTS¥ FOR... 2


No one does statement necklaces quite like J.Crew. This necklace has all the fixings for a statement look, but if I'm being totally honest I see myself wearing this with black skinnies, a black crew neck and a camel coloured coat. 

2. Janessa Leone | ISIS Hat ($170)
Unfortunate name given the times but what a lovely little chapeau otherwise. And when it’s worn by the likes of Khloe Kardashian – my personal favourite – you just know it needs to make it’s way into your closet.

3. Herschel Supply Co. | Parker Backpack ($57)
Still on the search for the perfect backpack I stumbled upon the Parker Backpack by Herschel Supply Co. This backpack is much more utilitarian than what I’ve currently been searching for, but is more realistic for my current needs. Now the question is whether I would get sick of the camo print too quickly.

4. Kiehl's | Midnight Recovery Concentrate ($50)
Those who know me will know that I am oil obsessed. I’ve currently been using the Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil as my nightly moisturizer but it’s become a bit of a bore, and I’ve recently noticed a greasy film left on my skin come the morning. Now I have my sights set on the Midnight Recovery Concentrate by Kiehl's, an elixir made up of Squalene, Primrose Oil and Omega-6 Fatty Acids. I’ve had a few samples in the past and always loved the way my skin looked and felt come grind time. And it’s paraben free & mineral oil free.

5. Kat Von D | Studded Kiss Lipstick in Coven ($26)
From the bold lilac colour to the name, Coven is exactly what I’ve been searching for. The new(ish) Studded Kiss Lipsticks from Kat Von D offer 10-hour wear in unexpected ‘gothic’ shades that are able to deliver one-swipe payoff thanks to the Color Cushion Technology. Questioning my sanity on this one? Go take a peak at the swatches on Temptalia.

6. Shelley's London | Lovenia Boot ($150)
There is something unexpectedly chic when you black and navy blue are combined and these boots epitomize of that statement. From the suede to the subtle heel I’m obsessed. I see them paired with a pair of dark skinny jeans, a white blouse and a brown leather tote.

7. Buxom | Vanity Lash Mascara ($28)
Kind of the coolest concept in makeup currently, the Buxom Mascara Bar offers the Vanity Lash Mascara with seven brushes to choose from to create an array of lash effects. The mascara itself is infused with biotin and provitamin B5 to help strengthen lashes while shea butter, vitamin E, and olive oil work to nourish them. Now to choose a brush:
  • Full & Fabulous – Its molded ball tips power through lashes for lavish fullness from roots to     ends.
  • Big & Bushy – The ultra-bushy bristles layer on massive volume for maximum lash             length.
  • Curl & Contour – An angled brush that hugs, contours, and shapes for head-turning curves.
  • Thick & Defined – Its flexi-bristles and tapered tip create maximum thickness and ultimate definition.
  • Strong & Long – A sleek, chic brush shaped to tease lashes to extreme lengths.
  • Itty Bitty – This small but mighty brush discovers and amplifies your tiniest lashes.
  • Lush & Lifted – One side of this brush builds ultra-plush lushness, while the other separates and lifts lashes to sky-high lengths.
This one is more of a general want. Which includes, but is not limited to: hocus pocus watching, pumpkin carving with a hot, manly beard (where are you!?), blood drip manicures, glow in the dark manicures, deeply discounted chocolate post-halloween and of course: halloween baking. 

No other scent will capture the essence of my personality quite like Nirvana Black. With heavy notes of Violet, Sandalwood and Vanilla this fragrance is the perfect balance of mystery, sensuality and warmth. Despite already owning the spray version and basking myself in it daily, I feel the need to purchase it's newest form, a pure perfume oil, which further exudes the sensuality of the scent. When I wear this perfume the lyrics 'I know I'm a goddess but don't catch no feelings' always comes to mind – Chynna Rogers is a beast.

10. Michael Kors | Bradshaw Chronograph Watch ($295)
No clue whether this is a menswear watch or not, but no care either really. There is so much good about this watch that I could die. The black/gold mix, the roman numerals, the size. Wooo. You will be mine. 



AMY     XO

1 comment: