Saturday, January 17, 2015

KATE SOMERVILLE . ERADIKATE . BLEMISH SAVIOR

We've all been there. That delightful time of the month strikes and our hormones + over-consumption of chocolate, pizza, candy, ANYTHING,  join forces to cause our once manageable skin to be riddled with little blemishes. I gave up on salicylic acid based products back in my highschool days, solely relying on products containing benzoyl peroxide thanks to it's harsher nature. But now, midway through my twenties I feel as though neither is helping with my dreaded period pimples, which only seem to form around my mouth by the way – looks like I won't be smooching anyone this weekend.

I've had the Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Treatment on my vanity since the Sephora VIB event back in November, but idiotically threw away the box and was dumbfounded by how to use it. When you look at the bottle there is a clear separation between the liquid, which is actually just alcohol , and the pink sediment, containing the active ingredient: 10% sulfur, which lies below. The bottle is also topped with a large 'Do Not Shake' sticker, leaving me terrified and bewildered by it's use. Flash forward to the beginning of January when I remembered that we now have this thing called Google to solve these issues. Turns out you simply dip a Q-tip into the pink sediment and apply that directly onto the blemish – Duh. You feel a harsh sting when it's immediately applied, which I love as it offers proof that the product is working, and a single dip provides enough product for ~5 spots. The sting quickly fades as the product dries to a pink, dusty splotch, meaning this product is best suited for bedtime and days when you'll be staying indoors. It doesn't diminish the spot overnight, but I notice a huge decrease in size and by the second day the blemish is barely noticeable. One thing I have learned about EradiKate through my trial and error January; do not over apply it! I made this mistake once and was left with extremely dry skin and flakes galore – gross!

Another gross, yet helpful tip: this stuff works wonders on cold sores! You know that little tingle you feel right before you get one? I experienced that at 2am one night this month and was definitely NOT leaving the condo to get a treatment for it. So as an overnight solution I dabbed on a bit of EradiKate, and it worked so well that I simply continued it's use. The cold sore didn't even manifest into it's true hideous being, with no one, not even my roommate, noticing that one was lurking, ready to ruin my week. Needless to say, there will never be another time when the Kate Somerville EradiKate Acne Treatment isn't a part of my blemish/coldsore riding regime.

How do you get rid of blemishes?




AM¥   XO

8 comments:

  1. I used to use a product just like this years and years ago when I had quite bad acne and I remember it working wonders! I currently use Lush Grease Lightning as a spot treatment which is quite gentle, so if I'm ever needing something a little more powerful (let's hope for my skin's sake I won't) I might have to give this a go!

    lauren / lipstick & lacquer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard great things about Grease Lightning for preventing blemishes, so maybe I'll need to grab that for the week pre-TOM.

      Delete
  2. oh this is exactly like the mario bedescu drying lotion, will have to see whether it's easier to obtain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I tried a sample of the Drying Lotion in the past and loved it, but Kate Somerville is so easy to obtain as it's just inside Sephora!!

      Delete
  3. I need to TRY THIS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to find something new to make spots go away, this might be next on my shopping list!
    Great review, thanks!

    gendotss.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the review!!
      Hope you love it, although how could you not! hahah

      Delete