Wednesday, March 25, 2015

BIRCHBOX CANADA . MARCH 2015 EDITION

They says that all good things must come to an end, but who would have thought that the end of my unfortunate relationship with Birchbox would end in something so wonderful? I'm speaking of the beautyblender and sample sized blendercleanser solid that came with each March box of course, the perfect way to end this subscription. If you're familiar with Birchbox you'll know that it costs $14.95/month for 4/5 deluxe-sized samples, which was a steal this month considering the contents.

We'll start with the beautyblender, a product that I've owned and loved in the past until it vanished from my belongings during the move to Toronto. This is a great addition to the March box given the popularity of contouring this year as it offers an ease to blending cream products once damp. The beautyblender also came with the blendercleanser solid, which I hadn't previously purchased thinking I had no need for it – a thought that will never cross my mind again given it's intoxicating scent. And further to my surprise these weren't the only lovely products in the box  – is it possible that Birchbox listened to our cries!?! I also received the ModelCo Party Proof Lipsticks in Peony, a striking hot pink with a semi-matte finish. I haven't worn a hot pink lip in quite some time, but this shade is deep enough to make me reconsider. Plus I love the long lasting stain it leaves,  with no need to reapply throughout the day. 

The final three samples are quite literally that.. samples, albeit wonderful. The Harvey Prince Imperial Gardenia Perfume is a stunning classic – the floral scent is reminiscent of my grandmother and features a single blossom, the gardenia. I'll definitely be purchasing the full size, especially given the black and gold packaging. Next up is the Embryolise Lait-Crème Concentré, a cult moisturizer that I've always wanted to test. I instantly noticed an increase in the hydration of my skin, as well as a more even texture – plus it doubles as a makeup remover. The final product is the Number 4 Hydrating Shampoo, which contains vitamin B5 to condition, and silicone to add gloss. Plus this shampoo contains liquid complexes created with a blend of natural ingredients, which help to protect, purify, strengthen and revitalize the hair. Overall the March Birchbox made saying goodbye to this beauty subscription service a tad bit difficult, but I'm hopeful that this box was simply a fluke and next month's will once again be filled with tiny samples from brands unknown.

Did you receive the March Birchbox?




AM¥     XO

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lovely box, especially with the beauty blender!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete