Monday, December 8, 2014

NOTD . WHITE MEETS CONCRETE

It feels like I haven't seen sun in days and it's reflecting in my manicure. Today's nails are inspired by the rugged concrete jungle we call home and my hopes for the snow to come and mask its existence. I began with a base of Essie's Nail Polish in Blanc before using a technique I discovered through The Nailasaurus to create a 'Waterfall Manicure' – a must know for any nail art junior [AKA me]. To create this effect I used a few different polishes including, Essie Nail Polish in Find Me An Oasis, Julep Nail Polish in Nancy, Sally Hansen I Heart Nail Art Striper in White, and OPI Nail Polish in Muppet's World Tour. Alternating between polishes I simply created thin lines running halfway up the nail before finishing with the Sally Hansen Diamond Flash Fast Dry Top Coat

 What colours would you combine for this manicure?



AM¥     XO

6 comments:

  1. This is such a stunning look!

    http://www.mansurgavriel.com/products/backpack-calf-coated/white-blu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling!
      Wish I could afford those backpacks... oh my!

      Delete
  2. wow, I really like it ! I never tried this kind of design on my nails. I think this kind of colors are perfect for these period of the year without any sun and short day. But you need to try a design with red soon :-)


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe I am so bizarre when it comes to red nails. I know it sounds so crazy! I go through phases where I love red and I'm inspired from MK & Ashley Olsen in New York minute and other times when I hate it! Can you guess what phase I'm in now? hahaha

      But thanks and seriously try out the design! So simple!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous, you really are the queen of nail art!
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You crazy girl! But thank you I appreciate it :)

      Delete