Friday, October 17, 2014

MAKE UP FOR EVER . ARTIST SHADOW in MILK TEA + MILK TOFFEE

Thirty years in the beauty industry calls for a celebration, and MAKE UP FOR EVER chose to do so by paying tribute to the product that made the brand world famous, their Artist Shadows. Dany Sanz, Creative & Artistic Director for MUFE has been working on this release for 3 years, revolutionizing the Artist Shadow with a breakthrough formula based on Pigment Atomization and Water-Blend Technology – for those scientifically inept, it translates to a shadow that delivers the most concentrated pigment on the market (88%), while enabling the utmost blendability and even texture. With 210 shades available, consisting of Matte, Satin, Metal, Iridescent and Diamond finishes, it seems most of us will struggle with what shades to purchase rather than whether to purchase at all. The shadows can be purchased individually for $24(CAD), or can be customized to create a two- or three-pan palette, which retails for $39(CAD) and $50(CAD), respectively. Hopefully MUFE will make their larger pan pro-palettes (ten & eighteen-pan) more accessible to the masses, since they are currently only available at boutiques and I know beauty addicts like myself would fawn over them. But for now my two-pan palette complete with the neutral shades Milk Tea (M-536) and Milk Toffee (S-706) will simply have to suffice. 

The first thing I noticed about these shadows was their immense size – we're talking the size of those chocolate loonies, which no one ever buys but when they are around they last for maybe 30 seconds. My point being, these shadows are LARGE (0.07oz). And you know what? I am perfectly content with their size since they truly do perform like a dream – I mean, just look at those swatches, intense colour payoff and visibly blendable. Milk Tea (M-536) is a great crease colour for everyday wear as it has a matte finish and is only a few shades darker than my natural skin tone. I've been using it to add depth to my crease, especially on days when I am wearing a bold lip and want my eyes to stand out without looking too heavy – I've been loving a natural eye lately. Milk Toffee (S-706) is a much more versatile shade with a satin finish – it's even considered a powder blush on Sephora, which I am definitely going to try out. But for now my favourite way to wear this shade is smudged around the upper and lower lashline – once again giving me that effortlessly chic, just rolled out of bed, Mary-Kate Olsen kind of style.

These shadows are absolutely incredible to work with and are a product worth collecting. Only 208 shades left – gotta catch 'em all. To customize your own palette simply click here



AMY     XO

No comments:

Post a Comment