Tuesday, October 21, 2014

MORNING SKINCARE REGIME

I haven't been able to consider myself a 'fully functioning adult' until earlier this month. Why you ask? Well up until now I've been seriously avoiding committing to a skin care regime. It's not that I didn't have great skin care products, I did, and skin care is one of my favourite categories to purchase from. I just couldn't get behind the routine of it all. But now, on the verge of 25, I've finally come up with a morning regime that takes less than five minutes and has left my skin rejoicing. I wouldn't say that this is my 'be-all and end-all' skin care regime – I'm still on a hunt for the perfect moisturizer – but it's pretty damn close.

Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser ($44)
Those of you who followed THE PRETT¥ VAIN pre-makeover will know that this is, and most likely will forever be, my HG face wash. I grew up using Cetaphil, one of the gentlest cleansers on the market, and now, years later, I consider Purity to be it's high-end older sister. The pH-balanced formula dissolves dirt and makeup with ease – I never feel the need to use a makeup remover – and never leaves my skin feeling tight. A great option for those with sensitive skin or anyone on the search for a gentle cleanser.

Caudalie Beauty Elixir ($53)
With a fan base that includes Liv Tyler, Karlie Kloss and Victoria Beckham you know that the Beauty Elixir simply has to be worth the hype. This part-toner, part-serum mist of essential oils and plant active ingredients instantly wakes my skin up leaving me refreshed and radiant for the day. It's not often that a skin care product can deliver such immediate results, but I truly notice lackluster skin on days when I forget to spritz. I even carry a travel-sized version with me at all times to wake me up when I'm looking bogged down.

Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum ($79)
This is the first full-sized serum I've ever purchased, and to be honest I probably would have doubted purchasing it more had it not come complete with a travel-sized Beauty Elixir in Caudalie's Instant Radiance Set. This highly concentrated serum is dispensed via a dropper and contains Viniferine, a molecule collected from grapevine sap, which is 62x more powerful at minimizing the appearance of dark spots than Vitamin C. I wouldn't say that I have an abundant level of dark spots, however during that dreadful time of the month I get pimples which always result in discoloration. I've been using the Vinoperfect Radiance Serum for about 3 weeks now and have already noticed a decrease in these areas, resulting in a more even skin tone. It also is brilliant at increasing radiance, which is my main goal in skincare and life – I was born to shine.

Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation Moisturizer ($48)
Sheer Transformation is the only product in my routine I'm still on the fence about. In some regards I absolutely love it; the oil-free, lightweight formula feels great on my skin, and completely disappears almost immediately. However, with a name like sheer transformation you would expect just that. Albeit loaded with potent ingredients like vitamin C, licorice, sugar cane and multifruits AHA's, I've yet to notice a difference in my skin that I can attribute to this moisturizer. It hasn't led my skin astray and certainly hasn't created any new issues but I know in my heart that this simply will not proved the protection my skin needs for the harsh winter ahead. I may revert back to my previous love, Origins A Perfect World, but I'd love to hear what moisturizer you guys suggest!

Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado ($35)
A brief history on my life with Avocado: when I was in Grade 8 I was obsessed with becoming a biochemist and was constantly re-creating beauty recipes from the internet, my favourite was an avocado, honey and olive oil hair mask. Flash forward to University where my roommate got me addicted to avocado slathered on toast with salt and pepper. And now I use the Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado (of course) to help brighten my under eye region. The formula is truly unique; the look and feel of this treatment is that of a cream... until you start to work it into the under eye area, at which point is takes on a water-like texture, absorbing instantly. I've noticed a decrease in the darkness of my under eye circles and an increase in moisture, which means it'll be a few more years before I start noticing those dreaded crows feet. Thanks Avocado :)

GlamGlow BrightMud Eye Treatment ($76)
Some days it feels like a mountain of makeup is the only solution to tired eyes, but instead I turn to the GlamGlow BrightMud Eye Treatment. I don't use this treatment on the regular since it is quite a steep price point, but on days when I look and feel like a zombie it is the only product that will revert me back to human form. The treatment itself only takes 3 minutes and requires absolutely no water. You simply 'tap' it onto the under eye region, wait 3 minutes and wipe it off with a clean cloth. The brands Tapwipe™ Bioactive Mud works immediately to brighten and hydrate the under eyes to make you look and feel as good as new.

What products complete your morning skincare regime?




AMY     XO

4 comments:

  1. I love Ole Henriksen products! And i have dying to try the glam glow! Great post :)

    Missmacbeauty | Missmacbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. omggg. Beauty Fluid by Caudalie. I also like the Sheer Transformation, but for daytime, nothing beats Beauty Fluid

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only this week started a skincare regimen. I'm in the same boat as you - I had all the products to do it, but just never committed to it! My skin is already feeling so much healthier and softer, it's so exciting! I'm going to need to get a new eye cream though since mine is about to finish...

    Ivory Avenue

    ReplyDelete