Wednesday, January 28, 2015

PRO X BY OLA¥ . NIGHTL¥ PURIF¥ING MICRO-PEEL

A few weeks ago a friend of mine, Sarah, approached me regarding an adverse reaction she had when she used the Olay Regenerist Thermal Mini-Peel. The product contains glycolic acid, which simply didn't co-operate with her skin type, leading to a rosy rash on her cheeks and an overall uneven complexion. We got into an in-depth discussion about facial peels and glycolic acid, which is when I realized that not only have I never tried an at home peel before, but I was also extremely uneducated on glycolic acid – and it seems that I'm not the only one. Glycolic Acid is an Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA), which works as an exfoliator to remove dead skin cells, and can be effective at lightening discolouration in the skin. Sounds pretty great. So why did Sarah have such a poor reaction?  

I've included Sarah's account of her experience with the Olay Regenerist Thermal Mini-Peel, which can be seen here, but I still wanted to test the peel out myself since so many others rave about the product, including Temptalia. However, in my search I instead stumbled upon a new peel for 2015 from Olay's Pro X series, the Nightly Purifying Micro-Peel[*], which seems to be a much better option for those with sensitive skin. The Pro X by Olay Nightly Purifying Micro-Peel still contains glycolic acid, which is surprisingly at a higher level than the Thermal Mini-Peel, however it's devoid of the exfoliants and intense warming sensation that the Thermal Mini-Peel features, which could cause irritation.

I've been using the Nightly Purifying Micro-Peel for 5 days now, without having an adverse reaction. The price tag is on the hefty side at $50, but it features a self-drawing dropper, which collects liquid as you twist the product open and is easily dispensed without worry of contamination. I apply 2-4 drops all over my skin before bed, yet still cannot help but layer a drop of my Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil over top for added moisture. When I first began applying it to my skin I encountered a stinging sensation, but that dissipated within 5 minutes leaving behind an invisible, odourless layer that dried within minutes. In the morning I simply cleanse my skin and continue with my current skin care regime. Since using it I've noticed that my skin appears brighter, and the faint discolouration around my mouth left from blemishes has begun to fade away. I could never use this treatment nightly as I notice a bit of tightness come morning, but it will definitely become a valuable solider in my beauty army when that time of the month rolls around. 

Have you tried the Olay Regenerist Thermal Mini-Peel before? What was your experience?
Will you try the Nightly Purifying Micro-Peel instead?


AM¥     XO

[*]The items in this post have been sent to THE PRETT¥ VAIN for purpose of review. All views expressed reflect my own opinion on the product. For additional information please see the Disclaimer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment