Friday, March 27, 2015

LUXE BOX BY LOOSE BUTTON . SPRING 2015 EDITION

The beauty unboxing continues with the arrival of the Spring Luxe Box by Loose Button, which landed on my doorstep a mere day after my Birchbox – see a complete review here. I've long considered Luxe Box the queen of Canadian beauty boxes, a worthy title given their ability to curate a unique and exciting seasonal box, alongside their dedication to their customers. Every season (i.e. once every 3 months) each Luxe Box Member receives 7-8 beauty and lifestyle products, with complimentary shipping. If you're interested you can choose to spend $26/season, with the option to cancel anytime you want, or go for a membership plan for a whole year at a discounted price. 

I've been anticipating the arrival of my Spring Luxe Box from the very moment I laid hands on the Winter Luxe Box, and it certainly did not disappoint. For skincare there is the Misha Geum Sul 24K Gold Collagen Caviar Cotton Sheet Mask and Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant. I was sold on this Korean sheet mask once I realized it contained 24K Gold, however that's not all, it also features collagen to firm skin, as well as omega-3 fatty acids to moisturize and nourish. Here's hoping that I don't fall in love with this mask as I have no idea where I would repurchase it in the future. The Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant also works to increase collagen production providing a firming action, however it does so much more. This toner-like treatment contains 2% salicylic acid, which exfoliates and resurfaces the skin leading to a healthier, glowing complexion with an even appearance and feel.

Makeup-wise this box features four stunning products: the Buxom Show Some Skin Weightless Foundation, Eyeko Brow Gel, Crabtree & Evelyn Nail Lacquer in Petal Pink, and a Loose Button brush. The Buxom Show Some Skin Weightless Foundation comes as a smaller sample, however it features 4 shades to help you determine your perfect shade. I can definitely see myself wearing this foundation all summer long given it's beautiful lightweight coverage and built in moisture. I'll also be reaching for the Eyeko Brow Gel quite frequently, because you can never have too many brow gels, right? This one is perfect for creating a natural, tamed look on days when I don't feel like filling my brows in, but it can also be used to help shape and define on days when my brow game is strong. The Crabtree & Evelyn Nail Lacquer in Petal Pink, and Loose Button Brush are kind of those 'I could always use another' type of products that consume your vanity, yet always come in handy at most unexpected times. I have a feeling that the beautyblender-inspired side of this brush is going to become my contouring saviour this year. Finally, for haircare there is the Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk, a healthier option for dry-shampoo with a focus on plant extracts. I've been trying to avoid dry-shampoos lately because of their use of butane and propane to propel the product out, however we all have those lazy days where washing our hair is out of the question, and at least this option features a more health conscious approach. Now onto another three months of anticipating my next Luxe Box.

Did you purchase a Spring Luxe Box?


AMY     XO

[*]The beauty box featured in this post has been sent to THE PRETT¥ VAIN for purpose of review. All views expressed reflect my own opinion on the product/service. For additional information please see the Disclaimer.

No comments:

Post a Comment