Sunday, February 15, 2015

CURRENT HAIR CARE FAVOURITES

After chopping off a few inches of hair last week I've really struggled with styling the new length. It seems that every haircut is followed by a week-long trial-and-error period, in which you curse in the mirror, search for hats to cover your mistakes, and undoubtedly head out into the streets with a few wonky curls. D'oh. Thankfully, I now have mastered styling my new cut, although I can't take all the credit as I owe my new-found skills primarily to a few of my favourite hair products. 

These 'life-altering' products vary depending on whether I am aiming for a straight, polished look or going for the messy, beach-inspired waves. When I wear my hair straight I opt for products that are going to ensure my look remains sleek. The Living Proof Primer Style Extender has always been my go-to for creating a sleek style that lasts between sleeps. I sometimes even add a dollop when I'm going for the beachy look as well just to extend the style – the less I wash it the better. I also always apply a heat protectant spray, right now I've been using the Chi 44 Iron Guard – it protects my hair and minimizes my split ends, but I am not a fan of the scent. From here I simply section my hair into three sections and pass my Chi Hair Straightener over it, before taming frizz with the Got2B Playful Texturizing Creme Pomade.  

The beach-inspired look begins with the same spritzing with heat protectant spray, however it's followed by products from a line I've spoken about a lot lately, the TRESemmé Perfectly (Un)Done Waves line. The combination of the Wave Creation Sea Foam Mousse and the Sea Salt Spray create a slightly sticky base that allows waves to last for days on end. I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that I got away without washing or styling my hair for three days thanks to this complete line up. However the line still has little effect on the frizziness of my hair to I once again reach for the Got2B Playful Texturizing Creme Pomade to tame my hairline.

What products make your hair more manageable?


AM¥     XO


[*]Some of the items in this post has been sent to THE PRETT¥ VAIN for purpose of review. All views expressed reflect my own opinion on the product. For additional information please see the Disclaimer.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sad to admit that No product make my hair more manageable...I'm always searching and searching without any good result. Since 1 year, I'm trying to use more natural product, because of my very fine and hair, but It's not really better. Except the fact that my hair looks more thick a bit and I stop to loose hair ( maybe because of too much build up on my hair, like silicone). But, I Will give a try to your Got 2 b pommade because it's my bigger problem...Your hair look very beautiful, it's always a good new when you find the right routine !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that the pomade works out for you! I know how difficult it can be.. kinda like finding the perfect pair of jeans. But you'll find the right routine one day!!

      <3 xx

      Delete
    2. Get upto 90% discounts on your favorite CHI Hair Products only @salonsavings

      Delete
  2. Great Post.
    Informative and valuables information about beauty.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Korean hair styling products

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buy Alagio Citrus Boost Thick Volume Shampoo with Great Deals & Discounts at Salonsavings. It Detangles, Smoothes, Shines and Corrects Dry, Frizzy Hair also enjoy free shipping over $50.

    ReplyDelete