Friday, February 13, 2015

VALENTINES LIPS . ARBONNE . LIPSTICK IN STRAWBERRY

Yesterday I talked about my Valentine's Day prep regime, and today I'm talking about something equally as important for Valentines Day, a killer red lip. After going to an event at The Detox Market on King St. in Toronto I've found myself gravitating to health-conscious cosmetics. One of those cosmetics happens to be my favourite red lip colour at the moment as well, Arbonne's Lipstick in Strawberry[*] ($31), a bright creamy red with long lasting hydration. I think I love this lipstick so deeply because it can evoke either that 1950's hollywood glamour feel, or take on a rock and roll vibe when paired with a smokier eye – both looks I am deeply found of. More importantly, it's all natural, and botanical, using wild mango butter, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, and pomegranate extract to supremely hydrate the lips. This is by far the most moisturizing lipstick I own, and yet that has no effect on the pigment or lasting power of this lipstick. I got a solid, and comfortable 4 hours of wear before needing to re-apply, and there was ever a stain left behind. 

With 14 other shades available I'll need to start saving up so that I can incorporate more health-friendly cosmetics into my collection. 

What is your go to lip colour this Valentine's Day?


AM¥     XO

[*]The item in this post has been sent to THE PRETT¥ VAIN for purpose of review. All views expressed reflect my own opinion on the product. For additional information please see the Disclaimer.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's all about that red lip!

      Delete
  2. Oh, tone of this lipstick.. Amazingly beautiful! And you look gorgeous!
    http://happinessvictim.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the tone is absolutely stunning. Perfect for me!

      And thank you so much, you're so kind <3 xo

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, that is the most perfect red lipstick. Like, ever. I've never tried anything from Arbonne, but helloooooo. I'm curious now.
    Ivory Avenue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should try it out!! So beautiful!

      Delete
  4. Oh my, that colour is to die for! I wish I could pull of red! I'm going to go take a look at some other shades!

    www.charledee.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you could pull off something similar!! I think it's the glossy finish that makes this shade so wearable!! <3

      Goodluck beauty!

      Delete